Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Hardest Recipe To Make

My family loves chocolate chip cookies, and how can they not? We have a special recipe that we use for all of our chocolate chip cookie needs, and they almost always turn out perfect. They almost always turn out perfect because they are SO easy, and that is why my mom lets me make them.

As I just said, they are super easy, and so why does the title say something different? Because people in my family have extremely strong views on the proper way to make these cookies. For example, today my mom asked me to make these wonders, and I probably had a fifteen minute pep-talk from the family on how they were supposed to turn out. Of course I already knew exactly how they liked their cookies, but I had to endure through it anyway.

You see the reason there is such a bitter struggle between the baking time of the cookies is because my parents like opposite things. For example, my dad likes gooey, under baked cookies that still have cookie dough in the middle, while my mom likes cookies that are thoroughly baked. My mom would rather eat cookies burnt black than cookies the slightest bit undercooked. My dad, however, would rather eat cookies that would give him salmonella than cookies the slightest bit over baked. My siblings care more for the cookie dough, and I almost always find a good chunk of cookie dough missing. With this crew in tow, I set off to make the most perfect batch of perfect cookies that was humanly possible. The expectations were high, and because I was teaching our neighbor Eleanor, Ella, and Abe to be bloggers, (the lesson was in photography today) and Sadie was being my personal cameraman, my failings were to be recorded on four different cameras.

I started creaming the butter and sugar first...








Then I added in the tightly packed brown sugar,



Then I added the vanilla, and then I added the eggs,





After that, I had to mix the dry ingredients. Flour, baking soda, salt, the works.





And of course, I had to mix the dry ingredients into the wet.






 And of course, I had to add the chocolate chips.


I put them the oven at 350 degrees even though I was supposed to put them in at 325, but i would say they turned out fine, don't you?



The kitchen was a mess, and everyone was a grump, but I had fun making these chocolate chip cookies, and they ended up satisfying everybody.




Best Chocolate Chip Cookies:
From: Sharing our Best Cookbook (Our Redeemer Lutheran Church)


You will need:

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/3 cups sugar
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar tightly packed
  • 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees, (I personally prefer 350 degrees, but you don't have to)
Cream the softened butter with the brown and white sugar. Add in vanilla and eggs. In a separate bowl whisk flour, salt, and soda together. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips.
Bale for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment