Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Melkpad 49: Outside

We're here!  We flew through the night on Monday and arrived in Amsterdam Tuesday morning.  Because we slept most of the flight, it went by really quickly.  For me, at least, the only bad part about the flight was the food.  Our dad picked us up from the airport and in no time, we were at our new home!

Melkpad, our house, was built in 1930, and is filled with stained glass, and lovely Dutch beams. The best feature of the house, from my perspective, is my room.  For the first time in my life, I have my own room!  Sadie and I have rooms on the third floor and they are both filled with natural light from the windows.

However glorious the inside is, the garden and outside of the house are equally as special.  Perhaps tomorrow I'll make a step-by-step tour of the first floor, but, because our air shipment arrived minutes after we did yesterday, our house is filled with half-emptied boxes.  So, today I'll start the house tour from the outside.

2 comments:

  1. Mia, we were so happy to see your post today! The house is so cute, and the yard is very pretty. Glad you've arrived safe and sound. You must be happy to be with your Dad again! We miss you already. :-) - Mrs. Egan (The first comment is from Joanna!)

    ReplyDelete