Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Evil Morning

Perhaps, if you are a long time follower, you will recognize this post. I wrote it when I was quite young and got a bad burn. I still have the scar, but it honestly wasn't too awful, except that it got all swollen and infected. (see "downfalls")

Today I got a burn that isn't half as bad, but it uncomfortably happens to be on my right pointer finger. Naturally I write with that hand and naturally it is in the place where the pencil rubs.

You may be wondering why the title is "Evil Morning"but the title is only so because the last evil post was "Evil Evening." As you may have guessed, I got it when I was cooking, and it was a very foolish mistake.

It all started when I made cream of wheat. Because most of our cooking supplies are in the middle of the Atlantic, all we have is a very large pot, and a very small one. I wanted to boil the water/milk mixture before nightfall, so I searched for a lid and found the perfect substitute: a bowl! I was giving myself a million pats on the back. I was just thinking to myself how terribly clever I was when I went to the computer to check on all the blogs I follow. Fifteen minutes later, I leapt out of my chair and checked to see if the milk had scalded. I had turned the stove a little to high, and as a result, the metal bowl burned my finger. I yelped, grabbed an oven mitt, and in no time I was rinsing my finger under cold water.





Now, I'm quite all right, but I still hate that evil metal bowl (even if it was serving a purpose for which it was not made:)!

3 comments: