Friday, March 30, 2012

Our Last day at Palm Springs: Thursday

Today could have been the worst day of all vacation, with it being the last full day and all, but because it was my mom’s birthday, we didn’t have a choice. We made her a gourmet breakfast in bed and then, with our neighbor, we had a blogging party where we all worked on posts. Then, much to our glee, we went on a tram ride.
It was hard enough to get us out the door, but we had to “pack” too. Altogether, we barely made the 9:15 tramride. But, even as we sat panting from the uphill run from the parking lot to the building and from the lobby to the station, we were astounded at the huge altitude which we were soaring over.
I took about a hundred photos, but unfortunately I am unable to post them because I forgot my camera cord. But even if I had been able to post them how would I be able to capture the experience? How could I capture the view I saw from a rock nearly 9000 feet above the ground? Or how could capture Abe’s astonishment that the floor was revolving in the tram? Anyhow, I wish I had brought my camera cord.
We hiked at the national park at the top of the mountain, and by the time we got back to earth, we were famished. So, we went to the world’s best bakery/café and ate a hearty lunch. Next, as you may have guessed, we went swimming…twice, while my mom went birthday shopping.
Now, we are at “Islands: Fine burgers and drinks.” We are here with our dear neighbors, our aunt, uncle and cousins, and our grandparents. I, having gone on a ice-cream strike, missed two meals yesterday, and I am feeling the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment