Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How I Almost Rode into a Sunset

Today, after school, I was bummed. I had a lot of homework, or so I felt, I was tired, etc. So, when my friend called, inviting my twin and I to bike to her house, my soul was renewed. I helped her started a blog, and we had a blast. When we left, in was around 5:15, and the sun was beginning to set at that time. The point of this post begins just when we were leaving our friend's house.

Sadie and I were joking around and I realized how agreeable Sadie is when she is not yelling at me. Who said twins can't be best friends? (Well, actually I said it, but I didn't believe it at the moment) I started to tell Sadie that we should try harder to be friends, but then I stopped short. In front of me was a beautiful sunset.

Fortunately I had my camera with me and I took a snapshot. I continued to take snapshots as the sunset developed and as we got closer, (seemingly) to it. Just as the sunset developed to its most beautiful point, I realized that we could take a route that led directly into the sunset! It was a bloggers and a photographers dream! I rode my bike eagerly and just as I felt like nothing could be better, I heard a shriek, "Mia!" I looked back- Sadie wanted to go a different route.

I sighed as I turned my bike around. I wasn't able to get many good shots, but I managed to get a few.





5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yes, it was cool, but Sadie ruined the perfect moment.

      Delete
  2. Actually, Mia was trying to take the route that my mom didn't want us to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now it is the route which we ALWAYS take.


      (and you, my google-map-twin, wanted to go on it, not mom)

      Delete