Monday, November 22, 2010

Fight for Faith Chapter one

It all started when I came home from school and found my mom, sisters, and all the food, gone. This normaly would not be a problem. I mean, so what if your mom is gone? She could just be shopping for more food. Well my mom had promised that if she went out, a note would be there. I searched, and there was no note. And from the shape of the window curtains, she was kidnapped. O how I would love to say that I called the police and they found my mom and everthing was normal. No. I fainted.
  I woke up an hour later with an ice pack on my head. The apartment manager was looking down at me, his face creasedwith concern. "You've been out for an hour, Jon. An Hour!" I got up. My head spinning. "My motheris gone." I said,trying to ignore the lump in my throat and the throbbing in my head. "I know." The manager whispered. "I searched the place for a note. Nothing." Then a knock sounded and we were interupted.
  It was a girl, and she had long honey-brown hair that rippled as she walked. "Come." She said simply, and I followed.She walked to the old abandoned church and stopped about a foot in front of the ruins.
she was about to walk in when I  yelled, "Stop! I demand an explanation!" She turned to look at me. "Don't you think that I am giving out such little information for a reason? Please don't say a word until we are inside the church." With that, she turned, opened the door, and walked through. I followed. I expected to the the usual stuff, pews, torn up bibles,that stuff. but I was so surprised when I saw a desert instead of the inside of a church.


      "Okay, we're inside the 'church' and now, you have to tell me what is going on." I said. "Fine she replied. "You just came from the city of destruction. We heading to the tents and upon arriving you will be given the nessesary iteam to be a soldier of the Lord." I was stunned after this mouthful, but the girl talked me in to walking. We walked five more minutes and soon, we cames to an group of tents near a river. "Welcome to the tents, " The girl said. "The preacher will be with you in a moment."
 With that, she left me, again. It had been a really odd day, but the girl made it soung like I would be staying here for a while, If so, What would ordinary life be like?
 As I was thinking all these things, the door, opened, and a voice said, "Jon, your time has come to meet  the preacher."

No comments:

Post a Comment