Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Hello! (see title)

Today, to celebrate the day, we're making our mom heart pancakes for breakfast.








Let's congratulate my little sister Ella (who turned eight yesterday) on taking these pictures. I was actually making the pancakes, so I needed Ella to be my "photographer." Eventually she got tired of taking pictures of me, so she went and watched television instead. That's why I only have pictures of the dry ingredients.  Oh, well, the pancakes eventually were made and then we started cutting them out.

First, you need to choose a heart shaped cookie cutter. You could just use a knife, and cut out a heart shape, but you would have to be REALLY good at art, and it would also be time consuming. I used two different sized cookie cutters, because none of our pancakes are alike, and their sizes vary completely.



Then all you do is cut them out and valet! you have heart shaped pancakes.




Because it's Valentines Day, you could put a red rose or something special on top of your pancakes to decorate them, but the only alive plant we have is a baby parsley plant, so I wasn't able to follow my advice.

Even though I'm not able to make the pancake very fancy, I can just put a huge chunk of butter, and a ton of maple syrup, and I think my parents will like them just the same. With a quart of peach iced tea, and pancakes for two, I can be sure that my parents will love this breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment