Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Day at My Granparents' House

After hours preparing to go to my Grandparents’, we finally hit the road and got in our car. The car was jam packed, (which was hard to do since our car is a suburban) and there was barely room to fit ourselves. But, despite the definite lack of space, and despite the difficulties that cramped children often produce, the car ride mostly went along uneventfully.
When we got to our Grandparents’ house, Ella and I quickly fell to work wrapping gifts for our cousins. After that, Ella and I assisted our Grandma in making spaghetti.
My family makes all of our spaghetti homemade, and because lots of people would be coming to this gathering, it took a long time to make this spaghetti. First, we made our homemade meatballs. These, we seasoned with several main seasonings, such as parsley, Romano cheese, and saltines. We blended these flavors into the meat with our hands and it was then our meat stopped smelling like rotting muscle. We cooked these in a skillet till nicely browned, and then we set them in a large pot.
Next, we had to make our delicious sauce. We mixed sauce, Romano cheese, tomato paste, sugar, and water to this. Then, we poured the sauce over the meat balls and put it in the fridge for Sunday.
After this, we cleaned up and Abe and Daddy started watching the original batman movie. Tonight my mom and dad are going out with my grandparents and the kids are staying home alone tonight. We love going to my grandparents’ house!

No comments:

Post a Comment