Sunday, January 08, 2012

"Gourmet Fast-Food"

Tonight, my mom was browsing on one of her favorite websites, The Pioneer Woman, and she was searching under "chicken." Then, she spotted a chicken strips recipe. Great! I thought, but we didn't have buttermilk, and so we could not make them. But, the page had given us inspiration, and we searched the web for chicken strips not requiring buttermilk, and after searching, (my mom did all the work,) we found the recipe.

To go along with the strips, we found a recipe for egg noodles with cheese and butter. I made these, while my mom prepared the strips. All I did was make the noodles, stir in butter and spices, and finally add the grated parmesan cheese, but my mom did something fun: the strips.

She rolled them in flour and spices, then she rolled them in egg, and then she dredged them in breadcrumbs. After that, she baked them in the oven and soon they were golden brown.

For dinner, we ate this, along with a veggie salad. For dessert we had sundaes made with homemade fudge sauce, homemade toffee bars, and ice cream.








This food can be found in fast-food places, but you have to admit that this is gourmet fast food.


The Delicacies above are from:

(This is the recipe with buttermilk)
(This is the recipe that we decided to use)
(This is the egg noodle recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment